Choosing a Ford was a wise decision. So is choosing to have it maintained by Ford-trained Technicians.
Ford of Canada’s Roadside Assistance is committed to providing a worry-free ownership experience to our customers in case of unforeseen vehicle operation inconveniences.
It is available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week while travelling anywhere in Canada or the continental United States. Drivers of registered Ford vehicles within the roadside coverage period are provided roadside assistance by Sykes Assistance Services Corporation (SASC) on behalf of Ford of Canada.
Although this program is separate from the New Vehicle Limited Warranty, the coverage is concurrent with the Powertrain coverage period of your vehicle’s New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
|Cars and Light Trucks||5 year/100,000 km (whichever occurs first)|
|Light Trucks (diesel)||5 year/160,000 km (whichever occurs first)|
|Heavy Trucks (F650/750)||2 year/unlimited km|
Roadside Assistance starts from the original warranty start date (i.e. the original retail delivery date or the date of first use, whichever occurs first). This initial coverage is a complimentary service. Ford of Canada may cancel your initial coverage at any time by written notice. There is no refund available to you in the event of cancellation.
For more information on your coverage, please call 1.800.665.2006 or you can send an email directly to SASC with your VIN, contact information and the nature of request.
Ford Roadside Assistance coverage is not a warranty, but a service provided to you by Sykes Assistance Service on behalf of Ford of Canada to minimize any unforeseen vehicle operation inconvenience. All coverage is limited to vehicles using publicly maintained roads (excludes off-road use, logging roads, etc.) and adjacent sites, and any other locations, which in the discretion of the service provider constitutes a publicly travelled thoroughfare.
- Mechanical Breakdown Tow: Disabled vehicle is taken to the closest qualified Ford dealership. If the selling dealer is within 25 Km of the closest available dealer, the vehicle can be towed to the selling dealer at the discretion of the customer (one tow per disablement).
- Accident Tow: When not covered by insurance, towing coverage is to the nearest authorized Ford dealership or dealer approved body shop, up to a maximum of 50 kilometres.
- Battery boost: Jumpstart a vehicle if the battery loses charge.
- Fuel Delivery: Delivery of up to 10 litres of fuel to stranded vehicles (i.e. vehicles that are out of fuel and not running), up to a maximum of 2 deliveries in a 12-month period. Vehicles stranded at refueling stations or dealers are not eligible for benefits.
- Winching: Available within 30 metres of a paved or publicly maintained road, no recoveries.
- Flat Tire: Replace a flat tire with a spare, if provided with the vehicle. If a spare tire is not available, we will tow you to the nearest dealer or the selling dealer if within 25 kilometres of the nearest dealer.
- Lockout Service: Unlock a vehicle if you are locked out (doesn't include the cost of key recovery or replacement).
Emergency Travel Expense Reimbursement Should your vehicle become disabled due to a mechanical breakdown or an accident while you are more than 160 kilometres from your residence address, we will reimburse you up to $500 (currency exchange not considered), for the following reasonable emergency expenses, when not covered by insurance. Please refer to Reimbursement Claiming Procedures for reimbursement details on submitting claims.Covered Expenses:
- Local lodging and meals (gratuities and alcohol are excluded)
- Vehicle rentals from bona fide car rental agencies (only basic daily vehicle rental rate is covered together with applicable taxes – all other rental costs are excluded including the cost of gas).
- Commercial transportation to your destination, and return after repairs are completed.
Coverage period is the lesser of: date of vehicle disablement up to three (3) days in total, or the time at which your vehicle is repaired. Claims must be submitted within twenty (20) days of incident to be eligible.
Travel Planner: As part of your Roadside Assistance plan, Ford offers Travel Planning services. Before you load up your Ford or Lincoln vehicle and embark on your next road trip, simply contact us to receive a free, customized Travel Planner through regular mail.
For more information, please call 1.800.665.2006 or you can send an email directly to SASC with your VIN, contact information and the nature of request.Items Excluded From Coverage
- Parts, tire repairs, rental of towing equipment, storage fees, or any labour performed at a garage or service station.
- Any form of impound towing by other than a licensed service station or garage.
- Parts involved in lock-out service.
- Assistance from private citizens.
- All service operators providing service are independent contractors and are not employees of Ford. Therefore, the Ford Roadside Assistance does not assume any liability for any loss or damage to your vehicle or your personal property resulting from the rendering of such service.
‡9 Up to 5 litres of oil. Disposal fees may be extra. Does not apply to diesel engines.
♦9 In order to receive a local competitor’s advertised price: (i) tires must be purchased and installed at your participating Ford Dealer; (ii) customer must present the competitor’s actual, local advertisement (containing the lower price) which must have been printed within 30 days of the sale; and (iii) the tires being purchased must be the same brand, sidewall, speed and load ratings as shown in the competitive advertisement. Offer only available at participating Ford dealerships. This offer is valid on the cost of the tire only and does not include labour costs, valve stems, mounting, balancing, disposal, and taxes. Offer does not apply to advertised prices outside of Canada, in eBay advertisements, by tire wholesalers and online tire retailers, or closeout, special order, discontinued, and clearance/liquidation offers. Limited time offer. Offer may be cancelled or changed at any time without prior notice. See your Service Advisor.
§ Ford Protection Plan is only available for non-commercial cars and light trucks. If an eligible Ford, Motorcraft® or Ford-approved part fails due to a defect in material or workmanship, wear out or rust through, it will be replaced at no charge as long as the original purchaser of the part owns the vehicle on which the part was installed. Labour is covered for the first 12 months or 20,000 km (whichever occurs first) after the date of installation. Emergency brake pads are not eligible under this plan. See Service Advisor for complete details and limitations.