1. Do I have to buy my Mustang Mach-E at a Ford Dealer?
Yes, your Ford Dealer who is certified to sell all-electric vehicles is best equipped to help you with your sales and service needs. You can select the “Interested In Reserving?” button on Ford.ca to start the reservation process. You will then be sent a series of emails, detailing how you can reserve your Mustang Mach-E at an EV-Certified Dealer or go in person to an EV-Certified Dealer to reserve your Mustang Mach-E.
2. Can I buy a Mustang Mach-E at any Ford dealer?
You can only purchase a Mustang Mach-E from an EV Certified Ford Dealer.
3. What is the warranty on the Mustang Mach-E?
Our battery vehicle warranty will give you peace of mind:
- Bumper to Bumper: 3 years / 36,000 miles (60,000 km)
- Powertrain: 5 years / 60,000 miles (100,000 km) (non-high-voltage components)
- Safety Restraint System: 5 years / 60,000 miles (100,000 km)
- Corrosion (Perforation only): 5 years / unlimited miles (unlimited km)
- Roadside Assistance Program: 5 years / 60,000 miles (100,000 km)
- Your battery is covered for 8 years or 100,000 miles (160,000 km), whichever comes first, retaining a minimum of 70% of its original capacity over that period.
4. What happens at the vehicle’s end of life? Can the batteries be recycled?
The batteries are recyclable. Ford will handle in-warranty battery returns and will provide recycling options for out-of-warranty batteries. Ford is also working with other OEMs for secondary-market opportunities.
5. What type of battery does the Mustang Mach-E have?
The Mustang Mach-E comes equipped with a 75.7 kWh or a 98.8 kWh battery that has state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery cells with nickel manganese cobalt (NMC) cathode, typical for automotive batteries. The pack is located underneath the vehicle. The high-voltage battery system uses an advanced active liquid heating and cooling system to regulate high-voltage battery temperature and help maximize the performance of the high-voltage battery.
Note: The high-voltage battery does not require regular service maintenance.
6. Where can I charge my car?
Most charging is done at home. You will be able to finance the Ford Connected Charge Station at time of vehicle purchase. Ford will also be giving owners access to the largest public charging network in North America with over 35,000 plugs (confirmed, good to use), all accessible with the FordPassTM app.Tooltip These will include L2 and DC fast-charge stations. Click here to learn more about charging.
7. Will I be able to test-drive the vehicle before I purchase?
Yes, the plan is for Ford Dealers who are EV certified to sell the Mustang Mach-E to have at least one vehicle dedicated to test-drives as soon as they are available.
8. Will I need to download the FordPass™ appTooltip when I purchase Mustang Mach-E?
Yes. The FordPassTM appTooltip will be a vital tool for owners of Mustang Mach-E. The FordPass app will allow owners to monitor the vehicle’s charge status, precondition the vehicle, use Phone As A Key, locate chargers, etc.
9. When will Ford release more information and specifications about Mustang Mach-E?
Ford will release periodic updates. Please click here to be kept informed of the latest news.