1. Do I have to buy my Mustang Mach-E at a Ford Dealer?
Yes, your Ford Dealer who is certified to sell all-electric vehicles is best equipped to help you with your sales and service needs. You can select the “Interested In Ordering Yours” button on Ford.ca to start the ordering process. You will then be sent to the Mach-E Build & Price page where you can configure your vehicle. Lastly, you can select “Request Dealer Quote” to have your Build & Price configuration summary page sent to a Ford EV-certified dealer. Or, you can go in person to a Ford EV-certified dealer to reserve your Mustang Mach-E.
2. Can I buy a Mustang Mach-E at any Ford Dealer?
You can only purchase a Mustang Mach-E from a Ford EV-certified dealer.
3. What is the warranty on the Mustang Mach-E?
Our battery vehicle warranty will give you peace of mind:
- Basic: 3 years / 60,000 km
- Powertrain: 5 years / 100,000 km (non-high-voltage components)
- Safety Restraint System: 5 years / 100,000 km
- Corrosion (Perforation only): 5 years / unlimited km
- Roadside Assistance Program: 5 years / 100,000 km
- Electric Unique Components: Your battery is covered for 8 years or 160,000 km, whichever comes first, retaining a minimum of 70% of its original capacity over that period.
4. What happens at the vehicle’s end of life? Can the batteries be recycled?
The batteries are recyclable. Ford will handle in-warranty battery returns and will provide recycling options for out-of-warranty batteries. Ford is also working with other OEMs for secondary-market opportunities.
5. What type of battery does the Mustang Mach-E have?
The Mustang Mach-E comes equipped with 68 kWh or 88 kWh of usable battery that has state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery cells with nickel manganese cobalt (NMC) cathode, typical for automotive batteries. The pack is located underneath the vehicle. The high-voltage battery system uses an advanced active liquid heating and cooling system to regulate high-voltage battery temperature and help maximize the performance of the high-voltage battery.
Note: The high-voltage battery does not require regular service maintenance.
6. Where can I charge my car?
Most charging is done at home. You will be able to finance the Ford Connected Charge Station at time of vehicle purchase. Ford will also be giving owners access to the largest charging network in North America with over 40,000 plugs, all accessible with the FordPass™ AppTooltip. These will include Level 2 and DC fast-charge stations. Click here to learn more about charging.
7. Will I be able to test-drive the vehicle before I purchase?
Yes, but due to the anticipated demand for the Mustang Mach-E, there may be limited availability to allow for a test drive. Please contact your EV certified Dealer for availability.
8. Will I need to download the FordPassTM AppTooltip when I purchase Mustang Mach-E
Yes. The FordPass App will be a vital tool for owners of Mustang Mach-E. The FordPass App will allow owners to monitor the vehicle’s charge status, precondition the vehicle, use Phone As A Key, locate chargers, etc.
9. When will Ford release more information and specifications about Mustang Mach-E?
Ford will release periodic updates. Please click here to be kept informed of the latest news.