What is CommerciaLease
- It is an open-end lease
- Is a lease where the lessee is responsible for the residual value at lease end
How does CommerciaLease benefit your business?
- Specialized equipment and upfits can be residualized
- No excess wear and tear penalties
- No kilometre usage restrictions
- Combined billing
- Lease payments are usually lower than similar term finance payments
- Short-term leasing usually means new vehicles more often
CommerciaLease - Who can apply?
CommerciaLease is available to commercial entities, for example:
- Professional corporations and non-share capital corporations (i.e. charities)
- Partnerships (limited and general)
- Unincorporated associations, unincorporated syndicates, unincorporated organizations
- Government organizations
- Sole Proprietors in the provinces and territories of BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, NU, ON, PE, and YT using the vehicle for business purposes only
Not all vehicles and/or customers will qualify. Contact your local dealer for full CommerciaLease customer and vehicle eligibility requirements. All program terms and eligibility requirements are subject to change, modification, or removal at Ford Credit’s sole discretion.
Eligible vehicles are:
- New and used: cars, light trucks and medium/heavy trucks of all makes
- Vehicles with upfits
Not all vehicles will qualify. Contact your dealer for CommerciaLease vehicle eligibility requirements. All program terms and eligibility requirements are subject to be changed, modified or removed at Ford Credit’s sole discretion.
Payment in Advance and Payment in Arrears
Payment in advance is a payment stream in which each lease payment is due at the beginning of each period during the lease. Payment in arrears is a payment stream in which each lease payment is due at the end of each period.
Interim rent is an industry standard for CommerciaLease. It is a charge for the use of the vehicle from its in-service or delivery date until the date upon which the lease commences. Your interim rent amount will be included and billed on the first invoice received from Ford Credit. It is not paid to the dealer.
Payment Due Date and Due Date Changes
You and your dealer will determine your due date at the time of lease inception. For due date changes, please contact 877-636-7346 (toll-free) for assistance.
A billing invoice is generated approximately 20 days prior to the due date. If you do not receive an invoice within 30 days after leasing your vehicle, please contact 877-636-7346 (toll-free).
With CommerciaLease, you are automatically enrolled in Combined Billing, which consolidates your monthly statement. Plus, it gives you the convenience of making one payment, free of charge.
You are required to maintain liability and physical damage insurance on your vehicle at all times as stipulated in your Master Lease Agreement.
Prior to the termination date, you will receive a lease-end communication outlining your options.
LEASE END OPTIONS
As the Lessee, you are responsible for the residual and have several options at the end of your CommerciaLease*:
- Contact your dealer to:
- Purchase or lease a new Ford vehicle and facilitate the trade in of your current CommerciaLease
- Assist you with terminating your existing CommerciaLease account. You will need to schedule a vehicle return appointment with your originating dealer.
- Contact our Business Centre at 877-636-7346 (toll free) for any other inquires.
Note: You are responsible for any deficiency between the balance owed and the selling price (including any costs incurred to sell the vehicle as agreed upon in your Master Lease Agreement).
Call Ford Credit at 1-877-636-7346 (toll-free) if you have questions or need additional assistance.
*Subject to the terms and conditions of your CommerciaLease agreement.
**Extensions may be available based on credit review and approval. Term restrictions apply.
Back to all Help Topics and FAQs