What are the different charging levels for Ford electric vehicles?
There are three levels of electric vehicle (EV) charging; Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 (also known as DC Fast Charging).
- Provides charging through a 120 Volt (V) outlet.
- Does not require the installation of additional charging equipment.
- Delivers approximately 5 kilometres of range per hour of charging*.
- Recommended for low daily mileage.
The Ford Mobile Power Cord provides Level 1 charging capability at home, as well as at other destinations.
- Provides charging through a 240V outlet.
- May require installation of additional charging equipment, such as the Ford Connected Charge Station or the Ford Charge Station Pro.
- The Ford Mobile Power Cord also provides Level 2 charging capability with the 32 Amp (A) connector.
- Delivers approximately 32 kilometres of range per hour of charging*.
- Can be found at home, workplaces, and public charging.
Level 3 or DC Fast Charging:
- Provides charging through a 480V outlet.
- Requires highly specialized, high-powered equipment, as well as special equipment on the vehicle.
- Can deliver approximately 86 to 125 kilometres of range in 20 minutes of charging*.
- Most often found at public charging stations, like those within the BlueOval™ Charge Network.
*Range and Charge time are based on manufacturer computer engineering simulations. The Charging rate, when charging using DC chargers, decreases as battery reaches full capacity. The results may also vary based on peak charging times and battery state-of-charge (SoC). In addition, actual vehicle range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviours, vehicle maintenance, lithium-ion battery age and state of health.