How do I tow my Mustang Mach-E with a tow truck?
If your Mustang Mach-E is disabled, it can only be towed via a flatbed tow truck. Your Mustang Mach-E is equipped with a Neutral Mode setting, which will allow it to be rolled onto the bed of the tow truck.
- Have the tow truck driver physically connect everything (chains, hooks, etc.) prior to placing the vehicle in Neutral Mode. This will prevent the vehicle from rolling away.
- Neutral Mode will last 30 minutes, allowing enough time for the vehicle to be rolled onto the bed of the flatbed tow truck.
Preparing the Mustang Mach-E for Towing
- Advise the tow truck driver to connect the tow hooks/chains to the round openings under the front bumper.
- Push the Start button with your key fob in the vehicle.
- Press the brake and turn the rotary shifter to N.
- Press the L button. This will place the vehicle into Neutral Mode.
The dashboard will now display that the vehicle is in Neutral Mode.
With the vehicle in Neutral Mode, it is now ready to be rolled onto the bed of a tow truck for transport.