How do I maintain my Ford vehicle?
Healthy vehicle maintenance helps your vehicle last longer and run more efficiently. Follow the recommendations below to help preserve your vehicle’s performance, trade-in or resale value, and reliability.
Monthly Maintenance Checklist
Every month, check the following:
- Function of all interior and exterior lights
- Wear and tear on tires
- Tire pressure
- Engine oil fluid level
- Windshield washer fluid level
- Change your oil. An oil and filter change is one of the most important types of maintenance. Ford Motor Company generally recommends getting an oil change every 8,000-16,000 kilometres, depending on your vehicle’s model year and driving conditions.
- Rotate your tires. Have your tires rotated every time you get your oil changed, this helps distribute wear evenly.
- Have your tires balanced and wheels aligned. If you notice that your vehicle pulls to one side while you’re driving, it may be a sign that you need an alignment.
- Drive smart. Avoid fast stops, speeding and weaving through traffic.
This service evaluates your vehicle’s fluid levels, key system and component status, tire-tread depth and, wear patterns, brake pad thickness, and battery life. Inspecting your vehicle allows your technician to identify any problems and recommend the appropriate service.
Contact your local Ford Dealer to schedule an appointment.
For more information about recommended maintenance, refer to your Owner's Manual under Scheduled Maintenance.