How do I use Phone As A Key™* with Walk Away Locking?
Walk Away Locking is a feature that locks the vehicle when you walk away from your vehicle with the passive key or authorized phone.
Important: This is not a standard feature and the following preconditions must be met before use, you must have Phone As A Key set up with FordPass®**.
To enable or disable the Walk Away Locking feature, use the following steps:
- Access your vehicle.
- Ensure your vehicle is on, turned on, and in park.
- On your SYNC®*** screen, access the vehicle drawer.
- Press Settings.
- Select Vehicle.
- Tap the Walk Away Lock slider on/off.
Note: Walk Away Locking will lock all the vehicle doors when the following requirements are met:
- The vehicle is off.
- All doors are closed and unlocked.
- A door has been opened and closed without a lock or unlock occurring after all doors have been closed.
- Any passive key or authorized phone is not inside the vehicle.
- All passive keys or authorized phones leave the passive entry zone of the vehicle.
*This feature is available on select vehicles.
**The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
***Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.