How do Passive Key Controls work for Phone As A Key™* with the FordPass®** App?
To use Phone As A Key with FordPass, you must:
- Have the app downloaded to your device.
- Have an active FordPass account and be logged in.
- Have a properly equipped vehicle added to the app.
- Have either facial recognition, fingerprint recognition, or a passcode set up on your mobile device.
- Enable your Customer Connectivity Settings (CCS).
- Authorize your embedded modem.
- Enable your phone's Bluetooth®.
- Bluetooth version must be 4.2+.
- Supported mobile device running Android™ 8.0+ or iOS 13.0+.
Passive unlock allows you to walk up to your vehicle and unlock a door by touching the handle. This only works when your device is within two meters of your vehicle. Passive functions require your Phone As A Key mobile device to be in a specific area in order to trigger the Passive Key Control functions.
In order to utilize passive functions, you must:
- Be logged into FordPass.
- Have the app running in the background of your smartphone.
- Activate a Phone As A Key device.
- Be within 2 meters of the connected vehicle.
- Have the activated Phone As A Key device with you.
- Have Bluetooth version 4.2+.
*Available on select vehicles. Requires feature activation. Not compatible with all smartphones.
**The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
Apple, iOS, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Wi-Fi hotspot.