How do I open the front luggage compartment on my Mustang Mach-E when I have no vehicle power?
If your Mustang Mach-E has no power, you will be unable to open the doors or front hood to access the internal compartments using your Phone As A Key or key fob. To open the front compartment:
- Have an external power supply ready, such as a 12V jump box.
- Locate the access panel cover on the front bumper below the headlight.
- Press firmly on the top right of the cover's edge, then pull the raised section on the bottom left toward you to take the covering off.
- Behind the cover will be two wires (one red and one black). Pull both wires out of the opening to reveal the power terminals.
- Connect the external power supply to the terminals.
Important: Be sure to match the red positive cable to the red positive terminal and the black negative cable to the black negative terminal.
- Turn on the external power supply. If performed correctly, the front luggage compartment latches will immediately release, and you will have access to the front luggage compartment.
- Disconnect the external power supply, then boost or reconnect the 12V battery.
For more information, refer to your Owner’s Manual under the Jump Starting Your Vehicle section.