What is Ford Pro Power Onboard™*?
With the Pro Power Onboard feature, you can use your select vehicle as the power source for certain power tools and electronic devices, allowing you to leave the generator at home.
Pro Power Onboard Capability
Four different kilowatt (kW) outputs provide the right power option for any situation, including some of the following examples:
- 2.0 kW (available with select gas engines only): Powering your tailgate party with the capability to support an electric heater, television, portable speakers, mini-fridge, and blender at the same time
- 2.4 kW (standard on the F-150 Hybrid and F-150 Lightning): Supporting your next project of building a deck with the capability to power an 8-inch mitre saw, circular saw, 1/2 hp air compressor, and battery charger at the same time
- 7.2 kW (available on the F-150 Hybrid): Supporting your crew framing a house with the capability to support 12-inch compound mitre saw, circular saw, gang battery charger, hammer drill, 1/2 hp air compressor, and area floodlights at the same time
- 9.6 kW (available on F-150 Lightning): Powering your mobile food trailer with the capability to support an electric food warmer, HVAC and fans, refrigerator, microwave oven, 105-litre water heater, and indoor/outdoor lighting at the same time
The F-150 Lightning includes 120-volt (V) outlets in the Mega Power Frunk and cab as standard equipment. Additional 120V outlets and a 240V outlet are located in the bed on the available 9.6 kW output variant.
To learn more about the Pro Power Onboard feature, visit the F-150 Lightning Capability page.
- Pro Power Onboard is functional while the vehicle is in motion**.
- Ford recommends using Underwriter's Laboratories (UL)-approved devices with power outlets.
*Feature is available on select vehicles. Features may vary based on model year, trim, options, packages, and supply availability. Use the Build and Price tool to view feature availability on current models. If you have questions or need more information, reference your Owner’s Manual or contact your Ford Dealer.
**Maximum power available is limited to the combined total of all items in use. Power may also be limited in Drive mode or in certain ambient temperature conditions. Some electrical equipment requires higher start-up power capacity of the system. See Owner's Manual for important operating instructions.