How do I activate my vehicle to use FordPass®*?
Important: This is not a standard vehicle function and the following pre-conditions must be met:
- Your vehicle must be equipped with the SYNC/FordPass® Connect** embedded modem.
- Your vehicle must be added to FordPass.
To Activate Your Vehicle:
- Open the FordPass App.
- Navigate to the Home landing page.
- Tap Activate Vehicle.
- The app will direct you to access your vehicle.
- Start your vehicle.
- Leave it in Park and keep your vehicle running.
- A message will appear on your vehicle screen.
- Accept the activation confirmation pop-up.
- The app will direct you back to the Vehicle landing screen.
- If your activation status says Successful, tap the Home tab.
- The Remote Commands should appear below your vehicle.
- If you experience any issues, attempt to use the Activation Troubleshooting topic.
- If your troubleshooting is unsuccessful, please select to contact a Guide for additional assistance.
*The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
**FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible cellular network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent the operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Bell Wi-Fi hotspot.