Does my Ford vehicle have FordPass® Connect*?
You can determine if your vehicle has a FordPass Connect modem by your window sticker or your SYNC®** screen. FordPass Connect is an optional feature that provides a full range of features available through the FordPass App, including Remote Start, Vehicle Health Alerts, and Recall notifications.
To determine if your vehicle has FordPass Connect:
- Check your vehicle's window sticker for FordPass Connect/SYNC Connect.
- Check your in-vehicle SYNC screen:
- Tap Settings.
- Select Vehicle.
- If your modem is activated, the FordPass Connect tile will appear under the Setting menu.
- If your modem is not activated, it will appear as Onboard Modem Serial Number (ESN).
FordPass Connect Equipment Availability by Model Year
Select from the model years listed below for more information.
2020 and Newer Vehicle Availability
The FordPass Connect modem is available on all 2020 and later model year vehicles.
Note: Aftermarket installations may not function properly with the FordPass App.
- Super Duty
- Transit Connect
2018 Vehicle Availability
- Fusion Hybrid
Note: For some 2018 model year (MY) vehicles, SYNC Connect may be listed instead of FordPass Connect.
2017 Vehicle Availability
- Fusion and Fusion Hybrid (not the Fusion Energi)
- GT (Supercar)
Note: For 2017 model year vehicles, SYNC Connect will be listed instead of FordPass Connect.
- FordPass Connect is an optional feature and may not be available on all vehicle trim levels.
- The embedded modem is installed during vehicle production and is not available for model years prior to 2017.
- Aftermarket installations may not function properly with the FordPass App.
How do I activate my FordPass Connect modem?
How do I authorize another user?
How do I request access to an authorized vehicle?
How do I remote start my vehicle using FordPass?
How do I troubleshoot the activation pending message?
How do I troubleshoot issues with the remote start?
*FordPass Connect (optional on select vehicles), the Ford Pass App, and Complimentary Connected Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms and Conditions for details). Connected Service and features depend on compatible cellular network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent the operation of connected features. Connected Service excludes Bell Wi-Fi hotspot.
**Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.