How do I activate FordPass® Connect* using SYNC®** 4?
- Download the FordPass® App*** on the App Store®**** or Google Play™.
- Log in using your existing Ford Account username and password or create an account.
- Go to your Account information.
- Press the + sign to add your vehicle to the FordPass App.
- Scan or type in your VIN.
- Select Activate Vehicle.
- Go to your vehicle, ensure you are in a safe, well-ventilated area, and start the engine.
- Follow the prompts on your vehicle's SYNC screen to activate the modem.
*FordPass Connect, (optional on select vehicles), the FordPass App., and complimentary FordPass Connect Service are required for remote features (see FordPass Terms for details). Connected service and features depend on compatible cellular network availability. Evolving technology/cellular networks/vehicle capability may limit functionality and prevent operation of connected features. FordPass Connect Service excludes Bell Wi-Fi hotspot.
**Don’t drive while distracted or while using handheld devices. Use voice-operated systems when possible. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.
***The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.
****App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.