How do I know if I need the tires replaced on my Ford?
There are a number of factors to consider when it comes to the quality and longevity of your tires. Here are some signs to look for to determine if you need your tires checked or replaced:
- The tire tread depth has worn down to less than 2/32" as measured using a tire tread depth gauge or the "toonie test"
- Bulges, blisters or bubbles
- Cracking in the tread grooves
- Punctures, cuts, snags or separation in the tire tread, shoulder, or sidewall
- Sudden loss of tire pressure
- Poor handling or traction on slippery surfaces
- Pulling to one side while driving
- Sudden vibration while driving
- Tires that have been driven flat, without proper tire pressure
Regardless of kilometres or wear, it is recommended that tires be replaced every six years. Contact your Ford Dealer for more information.
Learn more on how proper inflation, tread depth, and tire rotation can increase the safety, performance, and life of your tires