8 Spring Tips
1. Check suspension & wheel alignment. Winter can be unfriendly to shocks and struts. Having an inspection to determine wear or leaks, as well as having your wheels properly aligned after tough weather conditions, can help lead you in a safe direction.
2. Spring cleaning includes air filters. Your car has a number of filters that should be replaced regularly, especially during allergy season. Check your engine air filter, your cabin air filter (also known as the pollen filter), and your fuel filter for damage or clogging and replace them if necessary. Every 24,000 kilometres is a common standard.
3. Check your fluids. When you change your filter, you should also check your power steering, brake, and transmission fluids, your windshield washer fluid, and your coolant. If the levels are low, top them up, and flush/replace them as recommended in your owner’s manual.
4. Here comes the rain. If they’re torn or cracked, your wiper blades won’t do you much good in the middle of unrelenting spring showers when visibility is reduced.
5. Lights! Check all exterior and interior lighting to identify any problems. When your vehicle’s lighting is defective, other motorists may not get the message that you intend to stop or turn. The end result could be disastrous.
6. New season, new oil and oil filter. Changing your oil and filter at the intervals recommended in your vehicle’s owner’s manual is one of the best ways to keep the engine running smoothly, greatly decreasing the risk of high fuel consumption or severe engine damage.
7. Check your tires. Check the pressure of all your tires (including the spare) monthly, and maintain the optimal pressure recommended in your owner’s manual. Check the tread for uneven or irregular wear and for cuts or bruises on the sidewalls. We suggest rotating your tires every oil and filter change, and replace them if they are worn or damaged.
8. Winter weather is hard on your brakes. After a season of snow and ice, it is advisable to inspect the brake system, including lines, hoses, parking brake, and brake fluid for proper level. We rely on our brakes, and something as simple as a brake pad change can help put an end to any worries about brake safety.
By entering your mobile phone number, you expressly consent to receive a text message on your mobile phone. Standard messaging and data plan rates may apply.