How do I troubleshoot SYNC®* when text messaging is not working?
If you are unable to send text messages using SYNC, try the troubleshooting tips below:
Step 1: Restart Your Device
- Turn off the device.
- Remove the device's battery (if applicable).
- Turn on the device.
- Allow the phone to re-pair with your vehicle.
Note: If the phone does not pair with your vehicle, continue to Step 2.
- Try sending a text message.
- If it goes through, your issue is resolved.
- If it does not go through, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Pair the Device
If you need additional assistance, contact our Customer Relationship Centre at 1-800-565-3673.
*Don’t drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don’t use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones.