Roadside Assistance Reimbursement Guidelines

Roadside Assistance will reimburse you in the event:


  • You use a service other than Ford Roadside Assistance, up to a maximum of $75 per disablement.
  • Your vehicle becomes disabled due to a mechanical breakdown or an accident while you are more than 160 kilometres from your residence address, we will reimburse you up to $500 (currency exchange not considered), for the following reasonable emergency expenses, when not covered by insurance.


Covered Expenses


  • Local lodging and meals (gratuities and alcohol are excluded)
  • Vehicle rentals from bona fide car rental agencies (only basic daily vehicle rental rate is covered together with applicable taxes – all other rental costs are excluded including the cost of gas).
  • Commercial transportation to your destination, and return after repairs are completed.
  • Coverage period is the lesser of: date of vehicle disablement up to three (3) days in total, or the time at which your vehicle is repaired.
  • Your trailer needs towing because the eligible towing vehicle is disabled, up to a maximum of $100. If the towing vehicle is operational but the trailer is not, then the trailer does not qualify for reimbursement.


Claims Procedure


  • Simply fill out and submit a roadside claim form to receive reimbursement for eligible tow services or travel expenses. File your claim no later than twenty (20) days after the occurrence.
  • Include a letter, or comments if you are submitting online, detailing the sequence of events from the time the vehicle broke down to the time the vehicle was picked up.
  • Include paid receipts that clearly detail the nature of the service being claimed, including copies of the tow receipt or repair/work order that pertain to the breakdown and all other pertinent receipts for the claim.
  • Please retain a copy of all receipts and documentation.
  • Please allow 4-6 weeks for the processing of your claim form.


Once you have compiled your documentation and receipts, there are a number of ways you can send your claim to us.


How to Submit your Claim


There are three ways to submit your claim:


  • Online: Submit the completed claim form and receipts online
  • Dealer: Bring your completed claim form, documentation and receipts to your local Ford Dealer who will submit it on your behalf to SASC
  • Mail:  You can mail the completed claim form, documentation and receipts to the address below and we will forward the information for you to SASC


Ford Motor Company of Canada Limited

Roadside Assistance Division

The Canadian Road, PO Box 2000

Oakville, ON L6K 1C8

For more information, please call 1.800.665.2006