Where can I get self-repair and technical reference information?

The Motorcraft® Service website has a variety of resources for self-repair and technical information. To get started, visit the Motorcraft Service website and select your location.

Resources on the Motorcraft Website

Service Info

You can get a subscription that includes the following information:

  • Workshop Manual
  • Wiring Diagram Manual (also referred to as EVTMs or Electrical Vacuum Troubleshooting Manuals)
  • Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) Manual
  • Technical Service Bulletins or TSBs ('94-Present)
  • Access to a downloadable initialization (PATS) information
  • Access to the latest calibration information for emission-related modules
  • Access to vehicle-specific Information (available for last 10 model years)
  • Limited vehicle line coverage for 1994-present model years

Free Resources > Quick Guides

Access information such as:

  • Ford PowerStroke 6.0L and 6.4L Diesel Engine care
  • Information regarding the Easy Fuel No Cap Fuel filler including use of the fuel filler funnel and the locking fuel plug
  • How to remove a tire for vehicles equipped with Tire Pressure Monitor Systems without damaging the system
  • View the latest towing procedures for Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury passenger cars and light trucks
    • These easy-to-follow instructions and illustrations provide the correct hookups for slingbelt wrecker, wheel-lift, or flatbed towing


Purchase web-based technical training classes. Choose a category such as:

  • Gasoline or diesel engine repair
  • Electrical systems
  • Manual and automatic transmissions
  • Brakes
  • Steering and suspension

Note: To purchase a hard copy of your vehicle's workshop manual, visit the Helm website, or call 800-782-4356. These manuals are for specific models and are available for years prior to what is accessible through Motorcraft Service.

For more complex vehicle repair-related questions, contact your Ford Dealer

Additional Information

How do I get an Owner's Manual?
Where can purchase replacement parts?
What do I do if I need a repair?

Motorcraft is a registered trademark of Ford Motor Company.