What is the recommended transmission fluid for my Ford?
As with other parts of Ford vehicles, regular checks and maintenance are required on transmissions. You can find the recommended transmission fluid type for your vehicle in your Owner's Manual under Capacities and Specifications.
Alternatively, you can refer to Ford's Chemicals and Lubricants website to find the recommended transmission fluid type.
- Access FCSD Chemicals and Lubricants Quick Reference Charts.
- Scroll down until you see the Transmission Fluids heading.
- Click on the PDF icon next to the appropriate transmission fluid chart.
- Once downloaded, open the PDF.
- Locate your vehicle and model year or model year and transmission type, as appropriate, on the table.
- Refer to the key after the table to see which transmission fluid your vehicle needs.
Note: To find your vehicle's engine size or transmission type, refer to your vehicle's window sticker.
You can find a copy of the maintenance schedule for your vehicle here. Scheduled Maintenance recommendations are also located in your Owner's Manual.